This recipe was one of the few recipes from the Complete Idiot’s Guide to Cooking for Two that I am writing about this month. This breakfast yumminess was the second of the two recipes from this book that I made in January while all of my family was out of town. I had made a frittata from this book before and it seemed identical, just different ingredients. More vegetables and no potatoes by the sound of it.
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 large potato, diced in 1/2 chunks
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 an onion or whole small, diced
- 1 cup ham or prosciutto, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 4 large eggs with S&P
- 4 TBSP Parmesan cheese
- 4 TBSP mozzarella cheese
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
Directions: (45 minutes total)
- Dice all vegetables and meat. Heat olive oil in 10″ skillet over med-high heat. Add potatoes and stir occasionally for 5 minutes. Add pepper, onion, ham, garlic, and thyme. Stir constantly for 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes, covered.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Whisk eggs well and stir in the two cheeses with S&P. *After 15 minutes of cooking, let veggie mix cool for 10 minutes.* Then add veggies to the eggs and cheese.
- Heat the butter in the 10″ skillet over med-high heat. Pour egg mix into the skillet and cook for 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Immediately remove from pan with spatula.
This was pretty similar to the frittata, but I have to say the peppers made a great addition. I accidentally put a whole tsp of thyme in……and that wasn’t the greatest, but honestly, wayyy better than I expected. So all in all, with my thyme error, it was pretty good! Takes a bit of time, so I’d suggest for the weekend, but worth it.
I am linking up to Angie’s Fiesta Friday #263!
Head to one of my two recipe indexes for an almost complete listing of all the recipes on threecatsandagirl! 🙂 Recipes by Ingredient or Recipes by Genre