I realized that I hadn’t posted or talked about cooking, baking, recipes, etc in quite some time and frankly, it’s quite unacceptable! So I will make up for it today by telling you all about my momma’s comforting zucchini bread and her soothing banana bread!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Mix eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mix.
- Add zucchini.
- Grease 2 bread pans and bake for 1 hour at 350°
I took this into Sunday School to share with my class and the whole loaf was eaten! Everyone must have enjoyed it 🙂 I have been eating it as my 11 o’clock bedtime snack….probably not the healthiest choice, but it has a veggie in it!!
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas (~3 small ones)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 TBSP milk
- 2 eggs
- Mix 1 cup of flour with all of the ingredients except the eggs.
- Beat on low until blended, then on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and rest of the flour. Mix well.
- Pour into greased 8x4x2 pan and bake at 350° for 55-60 min/until knife comes out clean.
- OR make as muffins/cupcakes at 350° for 15-20 minutes. Then cool for 10 minutes and remove from muffin pan.
I used to hate banana bread! But I so love this bread now! My mom made these for my sister to take to college and I kept trying to sneak them….*I did sneak some and they were amazingly delicious.